Enter now for your chance to win a premium drum microphone kit from DPA, worth €4668€4668!
For this month’s exclusive SOS competition, we’ve teamed up with esteemed Danish microphone experts DPA to offer you the chance to win one of the company’s brand‑new microphone kits. The DDK4000 must surely be one of the most extravagant drum‑miking bundles ever: worth over £4000 and comprising no fewer than seven of DPA’s premium microphone models, plus mounting and connection accessories, the DDK4000 has been carefully curated to be able to handle the most demanding of drum‑miking applications with ease.
The Prize Bundle
The 4055 is a cardioid-pattern electret mic made especially for bass drums. To that end, it features an asymmetric design for easy placement either inside or outside of the kick‑drum shell, and it can handle SPLs up to a whopping 164dB. Unlike other kick-drum mics, it features a smooth, extended frequency response, allowing you to tailor the kick’s sound with ease using EQ.
Also included is a DPA 2012 ‘pencil’ mic, intended here for use on the snare drum but also suitable for any number of other instruments. Likewise, the two 2015 wide-cardioid mics in the DDK4000 are ideal as a pair of drum overheads, but will excel in any role where detail, clarity and pristine sound capture are called for.
The DDK4000 also includes three of DPA’s world-renowned 4099 instrument mics. With their miniature electret capsules, these mics are designed to fit into even the tightest of spaces — an important consideration when miking a busy drum kit! They’re also capable of outstanding results on a huge range of instruments, and the ones provided with this kit are the Extreme SPL variety, so will handle anything from tom-mic duties on a heavy metal kit to cymbal mics and jazz brushes with ease.
Finally this DDK4000 prize also includes all the connectors you’ll need to plug the 4099s into your mic preamps, as well as three DC4099 drum mic clips for attaching the 4099s to your drum shells.
...the two 2015 wide-cardioid mics are ideal as a pair of drum overheads, but will excel in any role where detail, clarity and pristine sound capture are called for.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this incredible prize, simply answer all the questions on the form and submit it by Friday 2nd February 2024. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by DPA Microphones.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Hank H, Texas USA.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 18 months.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, DPA and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and country will be made available upon request.